Saint Louis University (SLU) and EduGate, LLC, are pleased to offer a custom English and College Preparation Program. This program consists of a series of daily English classes, afternoon workshops, and activities focused on college preparation. The English as a Second Language courses for the program cover the four key communication competencies: reading, writing, listening, and speaking. These skill areas are honed in the complementary Hollywood and History class.
The primary goals for the program are:
- To offer the students cross-cultural experiences
- To enhance their knowledge and use of American English
- To enhance their knowledge of higher education in the United States
- To improve their preparation for higher education in the United States
- To increase their basic knowledge of American culture
- To visit various sites within Missouri that have academic, historical, and social significance
To further prepare the students for undergraduate education in the U.S., the program includes presentations by the Office of Admission at Saint Louis University, workshops on the college admissions process, ACT, SAT and TOEFL preparation workshops, and a tour of the Saint Louis University campus. The students will have the opportunity to enjoy interaction with Saint Louis University students in a variety of settings. The program concludes with student presentations and a Certificate Ceremony.
Student Activity Leaders (SALs) will direct the students on all of the daily activities as well as accompany them on all field trips.